NEW YORK – The NBA Development League (NBA D-League) finished the 2009-10 regular season by exceeding one million in total fan attendance for the first time in league history (1,043,261).
Attendance was up more than 6.57% for the season and the Maine Red Claws played to 100% capacity during their inaugural season.
To date, the league also saw an all-time record 34 GATORADE Call-Ups. There are 80 players on NBA rosters with NBA D-League experience. In addition, the league signed a national broadcast deal with VERSUS and a multiyear agreement with AOL FanHouse for a dedicated NBA D-League section and game streaming.
Additional highlights for the 2009-10 regular season:
All-Time Record GATORADE Call-Ups:
· Record 34 GATORADE Call-Ups to the NBA to date.
· Rio Grande Valley sent a record five players up to the NBA a total of 10 times.
· Currently 80 NBA players with NBA D-League experience.
Groundbreaking Deals with VERSUS and AOL FanHouse:
· Signed national broadcast deal with sports cable network
· NBA D-League games on VERSUS presented by Papa John’s Pizza began airing in January and will air six games during the NBA D-League Playoffs.
· Signed multiyear agreement with FanHouse, AOL Inc.’s premier sports site, to create a comprehensive NBA D-League section (nba.fanhouse.com/nbadleague) featuring live streaming of
games, breaking news from a dedicated staff of writers, and
weekly video highlights.
Continued Use of Latest Technology to Enhance Fan Experience:
· Throughout the season, fans were able to experience the
excitement of the NBA D-League through the latest technology
• NBA D-League Center Court, the first-ever NBA D- League
mobile app available on Android market, App Store, and
Blackberry App World.
• NBA D-League Twitter, (twitter.com/nbadleague) currently
featuring more than 146,000 followers after starting the
season with 8,000.
• NBA Futurecast, providing fans with opportunity to watch
every NBA D-League game live online and for free.
The NBA D-League Playoffs tip off on April 7 when the Utah Flash will host the Iowa Energy at 9pm ET live on NBA Futurecast (nba.com/dleague).