Only 1.5 weeks left of Training Rides for Bike MS 2010
National MS Society volunteers will be hosting two more training ride weekends before the big ride on September 25 & 26! Grab your bike and helmet and hit the road with Bike MS!
Oklahoma City Training Rides
- Saturday, September 18
- Start at 8 a.m.
- Location: Oakdale School(North Side of Hefner Road – Just East of Sooner Road)
- Miles: 65 miles
Tulsa Training Rides
- Saturday & Sunday, September 18th & 19th
- Start at 7:30 a.m. at Howard park at 25th & Southwest Blvd (move due to Scottish games)
Bike MS Event Info:
- 25th Annual Oklahoma Bike MS: The Mother Road Ride along Historic Route 66 presented by Sam’s Club
- Saturday & Sunday, September 25 & 26
- Presenting Sponsor is Sam’s Club & Presenting Media Sponsor isthe new Gen X Radio 106.1
- Route: Tulsa to Oklahoma City on Historic Route 66
- Day One (Saturday) – Starts in Tulsa at Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown and goes to Chandler, OK
- Overnight (Saturday night) – Will be held in Chandler, OK
- Day Two (Sunday) – Starts in Chandler and ends in Oklahoma City at the State Capitol
- Bike MS Honorary Chair – Danny Beck of Danny Beck Chevrolet
- Celebrity Cyclist – KJRH News Channel 2 Sports Anchor Jason “Shack” Shackelford
- REGISTER NOW! www.nationalmssociety.org/bikemsok
- Registration fee is $50 and the minimum fundraising goal is $225
- Funds raised from the event will support direct services and programs for the more than 3,200 people with MS and their families in Oklahoma and national MS research to find a cure to end the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis.
- The Bike MS raised over $500,000 last year with over 700 registered cyclists and provided support to over 21,000 individuals affected by MS in the state of Oklahoma. The goal for this year is $500,500 and over 700 cyclists.
- Oklahoma Web site: www.nationalMSsociety.org/ok
Also, the Oklahoma Route 66 Association has declared the Bike MS Oklahoma Ride as the OFFICIAL Route 66 bike ride! The Bike MS is a 2-day, fully supported, fun, family-oriented event that raises funds to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.