Courtesy Owasso Public Schools
School sites in the Owasso Public Schools District announced their 2021-22 Teacher of the Year Award recipients recently, as the district continued its tradition of recognizing excellence in the classroom through the State of Oklahoma Teacher of the Year program.
All certified teachers who have completed the past three consecutive years in the Owasso Public School District may be considered for this honor. Each Teacher of the Year nominee is selected by their peers to represent their building at the district level.
One of the 15 site winners will be selected as the OPS Teacher of the Year by a district peer committe based on a self-submitted portfolio, as well as a live presentation with each candidate.
The honor will be presented at the annual Owasso Public Schools Teacher of the Year reception, which will be held on March 29 at the Mary Glass Performing Arts Center.
This year’s Teacher of the Year Award recipients are:
• Ator Elementary — Mrs. Bethany Kirkpatrick (1st Grade)
• Bailey Elementary — Miss Grace McEndarfer (2nd Grade)
• Barnes Elementary — Mrs. Sheree Delpratt (2nd Grade)
• Hodson Elementary — Mrs. Rebecca Shackelford (Music)
• Mills Elementary — Mr. Jason Demuth (5th Grade Science)
• Morrow Elementary — Mrs. Maggie Dye (3rd Grade)
• Northeast Elementary — Mrs. Teressa Blair (Pre-Kindergarten)
• Smith Elementary — Mrs. Jill Nunn (4th Grade)
• Stone Canyon Elementary — Mrs. Denita Hancock (Kindergarten)
• 6th Grade Center — Mr. Quinn Thompson (Geography)
• 7th Grade Center — Mrs. Cathy Hill (English Language Arts)
• 8th Grade Center — Ms. Kristi Adams (Math)
• Ram Academy — Mrs. Jill McCormick (Counselor)
• High School – East Campus — Mrs. Kay Bratcher (Art)
• High School – West Campus — Mrs. Madison Brown (English)