OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants recently released the 20 names of the class of 2011 Trailblazers in a special issue of the society’s magazine, CPAFOCUS. The Trailblazers program was established to recognize the innovation, professional dedication and community commitment of the OSCPA’s “New CPAs,” defined as a member who is under 40 or has five or fewer years of CPA experience.
“Of the 447 CPAs eligible for this award, these 20 represent current and emerging professional, financial leaders in Oklahoma,” said Phil Brockhaus, CPA, current OSCPA president. “I know their colleagues, family and friends are certainly proud of them for earning this recognition.”
CPAs who received the 2011 honor include:
- Julie Dawn Aggus, CPA; Audit Senior, DeloitteTax, LLP, Jenks;
- Kimberly S. Beaucourt, CPA; Managing Consultant, BKD, LLP, Mustang;
- Jason Boesch, CPA; Manager, Oklahoma Rural Electric & Telephone Credit Union, Edmond;
- Tiffany K. Claxton, CPA; Manager of Financial Accounting, ONEOK, Inc., Bixby;
- Hoai Do, CPA; Senior Auditor, Grant Thornton LLP, Oklahoma City;
- Kim R. Fairchild, CPA; Assurance Partner, HoganTaylor LLP, Broken Arrow;
- Patrick J. Heringer, CPA; Corporate Finance Analyst, Chesapeake Energy, Edmond;
- Rodney P. Huss, CPA; Financial Reporting Manager, Braden Manufacturing, Broken Arrow;
- Billye G. Kraus, CPA; Tax Senior Associate, Eide Bally LLP, Jenks;
- Justin A. Moore, CPA; General Partner, Stanfield and O’Dell, Tulsa;
- Gary Mornhinweg, CPA; Associate Auditor, Grant Thornton LLP, Edmond;
- Trebor B. Nall, CPA; Chief Financial Officer, Mathena, Inc., Edmond;
- Kami S. Painter, CPA; Accounting Services Manager, Muret CPA, PLLC, Owasso;
- Ginny Raymer, CPA; Financial Vice President, Junior League of Oklahoma City, Edmond;
- Shawna Robinson, CPA; Tax Senior, Woodrum Kemendo Tate & Westemeir, PLLC, Yale;
- Kim Smith, CPA; Director of Business and Finance, Tri County Technology Center, Bartlesville;
- Micah B. Steelman, CPA; Tax Manager, Peters & Chandler PC, Edmond;
- Kyle Stuart, CPA; Shareholder, Lowe & Webb, PC, Ada;
- Brian Tims, CPA; Senior Manager, Sartain Fischbein & Co., Tulsa; and
- T. Carley Williams, CPA; Managing Consultant, Jenks.
Brockhaus added, “Their CPA designations already indicate their commitment to their own professional growth, but the fact that they’ve also been named Trailblazers by the OSCPA shows they also have serious dedication to their communities around Oklahoma and to their employers.”
The OSCPA accepted nominations for its 2011 class of Trailblazers during the summer and fall of 2010. A panel of OSCPA members selected 20 honorees from more than 30 nominations using an anonymous application grading system where applicants’ identities were hidden.
With more than 6,000 members in public practice, industry, government and education, the OSCPA is Oklahoma’s only statewide professional association of CPAs. Since 1918, the organization has continued to provide professional education, conduct quality reviews and promote and maintain high standards of integrity and competence within the accounting profession. To learn more about OSCPA members or to find a CPA for your company, visit www.OSCPA.com.