Tulsa County Absentee Ballot Information

TULSA COUNTY – Voters in Tulsa County who want to have absentee ballots mailed to them for the April 6, 2010, Municipal General Elections for the City of Collinsville (Ward 3 only) and City of Bixby (Ward 4 only), and Special School Elections for the ISD-4 Bixby School District, and the ISD-13 Glenpool School District, should apply now, County Election Board Secretary Patty Bryant said today.Although the County Election Board can accept applications for absentee ballots until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, Bryant urged voters who want to vote by absentee ballot to apply early.Absentee ballot application forms are available at the County Election Board office located at 555 N. Denver.A letter may be mailed or faxed requesting a ballot, or a form letter may be downloaded from the Tulsa County Election Board Webpage (www.tulsacounty.org/elections).

“At least two mail transactions must be made,” Bryant said.”The County Election Board must mail the ballots to the voter, and the voter must return the voted ballots by mail.”Ballots must be in the hands of the County Election Board by 7 p.m. on election day in order to be counted.

Bryant said that any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot in any election in which he or she is eligible to vote.However, a voter must be registered and reside at an address within the geographical boundaries of the district to be eligible to vote.It is not necessary to give a reason—or excuse—for absentee voting.”While anyone can vote absentee without giving a reason, the law still provides several excuses and it is to the advantage of some voters to use one of them,” Bryant said.By stating one of the following reasons on their application, these voters can activate some special conditions that make it easier for them to use absentee ballots.The reasons are:

–Voters who are physically incapacitated and voters who care for physically incapacitated persons who cannot be leftunattended may vote absentee.They may apply only by mail, byfax, or by telegraph.

–Voters who are confined to nursing homes in the county may vote absentee.An Absentee Voting Board actually goes to the nursing home a few days before the election, sets up a small polling place and allows these persons to vote under circumstances similar to those at a regular precinct polling place.They may apply only by mail or by fax.

–Military personnel and residents of the county living overseas and the spouses and dependents of each group are eligible to vote absentee without being registered.These voters may apply only by mail or by fax.Military personnel should contact the Voting

Service Officers in their units for application forms and additional information.Residents of Oklahoma living overseas can obtain the same materials from any United States military installation and from United States Embassies and Consulates.Military personnel and overseas citizens also can download and print an application form from the Internet at www.fvap.gov.

 Bryant said that persons wishing to fax their absentee ballot request should fax to (918) 596-4536.For questions or concerns regarding absentee voting in Tulsa County, contact the Tulsa County Absentee Department at (918)596-5767 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or after hours contact the absentee voice mailbox at (918)596-8833.

 Bryant said in-person absentee voting will also be available at the Tulsa County Election Board located at 555 N. Denver on Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 5, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.For additional information regarding early in-person absentee voting, please contact the Tulsa County Election Board Absentee Department at (918)596-5767.

Updated 03-16-2010

Back to Top


email (we never post emails)
  Textile Help

Back to Top

Contact GTR News