On June 8, 2012 Tulsa County Court Services Department received a phone call and spoke to a woman who was concerned about a black male who told her he worked for New Day (the former name of Tulsa County Court Services). The reports is as follows:
– Black male subject told woman he would be able to help her son get out of jail, into a specialty court or program, obtain housing and a job. The male asked the lady for money up front to get a bondsman and as a down payment to secure housing for her son.
– Black male said his name was Willie Payden JR. Payden currently has an active warrant to hold without bond.
– Payden said he worked for New Day in Tulsa. He gave the woman three different phone numbers while he was working with her.
– Staff called and did receive an answer on one of the phones. A female answered and said she was Payden’s wife. She said that Payden did work for New Day and that he worked downtown. She said he could get people out of jail and that we could call him.
– Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office has been investigating this incident.
– Tulsa County New Day became Tulsa County Pretrial Release in 1983.
– Tulsa County Pretrial Release became Tulsa County Court Services in 2001.
If any citizen is in need of Tulsa County Pretrial Release services, please call 918-596-5795 or 918-596-4950.
Please do not be a victim – and if you are approached by anyone claiming to work for New Day, Pretrial Release or Tulsa County Court Services, please ask to see a County ID.