Work Begins at Skelly Stadium
Work will continue on the Case Athletic Complex immediately. Excavation has begun in the north end zone of Skelly Stadium where the new football and academic center will be located.
This three-story, 30,000 square-foot structure will consolidate football operations and provide a dramatic anchor to Skelly Stadium.
The first floor will feature a locker room, training room, and equipment room. The second floor will provide a Lettermen’s Lounge, space for TU Football offices, and a state-of-the-art audio-visual suite. In addition to team meeting space and game-day suites, the third floor will include an academic support center. It will feature counselors’ offices, private and group study space, and a computer lab.
The St. Louis-based Hastings and Chivetta designed the Case Athletic Complex, while the general contractor is Nabholz.
The official groundbreaking for the Case Athletic Complex was on October 1.
Skelly Stadium was built in 1930 as a 14,500-seat stadium and was enlarged to 40,235 seats in 1965. Before the north stands were demolished in February 2005 to make was for the new building, the seating capacity was 40,385. The new seating capacity is 35,542.